Sunday, February 24, 2008

Reasons to be thankful

I thought I’m having another bad week when I clicked at the link at the sidebar for Dr Jim West’s blog and learned that it was deleted. I knew right away that it was hacked and my suspicion was confirmed after reading numerous posts about the incident. I was relieved to learn though that after 24 hours, he decided to give blogging another shot. I am one of his many readers who simply delighted to see his blog up and running again.

After a week of brooding over the miserable laptop—cracked LCD and dead hard drive I resolved to get over it. I lost files and pictures but all is not lost. I am still hoping to recover some of them if I would connect the hard drive to another computer in a hard drive enclosure. I just need some money to buy it.

Moreover when I checked the CD I burned to backup some of my files it turned out that some of the data were actually copied although the software would say that the burning failed. I recovered about 50 pages of the dissertation. It’s better than nothing.

I am just thankful to Ben for encouragement and to those who comments (yes the two of you). I was encouraged more than you’ll ever know. :)

A friend and co-worker learned about what happened and she loaned me her HP CRT monitor. The monitor is very good. I also borrowed a hard disk from a friend’s old laptop that she is not using. It has smaller capacity but works great. I’m praying that the Holy Spirit would speak to these people, touch their hearts and eventually let me have these goodies.

No comments: