A lot of things had happened in our lives lately. We are reminded by the word of God through the preacher in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 that
there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance….
Needless to say, we are assured that God’s comfort and presence are always there whatever the circumstances are. We are thankful to the Lord knowing that you have been praying in our behalf and ready to extend support and encouragement. Because of God’s timely provisions, Narlin is back after spending two weeks in the Philippines after joining her family in mourning their mother’s death.
Once again, we are sharing to you the events that happened recently and the prayer accompanying them.
Kids’ Thai ID
After almost three years of praying and waiting, the children have eventually got their Thai ID. Although it is not the REAL ID yet, we are rejoicing that they have acquire the first level in acquiring Thai citizenship. The ID will be upgraded by the Thai government depending on their performance in the school and what they will accomplish after their studies. We are here to help them to get there.
However, only six of the nine children recommended by the school get their ID. The three younger children will have to wait for a month or so. Continue to pray for Tina, Ayung and Mike. Kristi and Pia have to wait for the school recommendation.
Our Father’s House Ministry
When the Korean missionary brought a property for Grace Home Kindergarten Center (renamed Our Father’s House) three years ago, a Korean couple also took over the ministry. Because of this we have to step back from our work there and just serve as adviser to Aye Phet (the person we have trained to run the day care center). She has resigned recently, thus the Korean couple and Angela requested us to help them train the new staff. It seems are back to the ministry we started.
In relation to this, we are now having a regular worship service at Our Father’s House building every Sunday afternoon. Joey is helping in preaching and the kids help with special song number. We are praying that more people will come and a new church will be born.
The Lord has been faithful in empowering us and providing for our needs. It is because of your faithful prayers in our behalf. Here are our recent prayer requests.
- Prayer of thanksgiving for Sam Rong’s healing. He has his last check-up and tests last month. His doctor declared him completely healed.
- Prayer of thanksgiving for Reuven’s adjustment to the school. Please continue to pray for him. Our hearts break every time we see him struggles with his social life.
- Pray for the three younger children’s Thai ID. Nobody understand why their IDs did not come the same time as the others but we trust God that everything will be for good.
- Include Nuch’s ID with your prayer. She has encountered technical problems in acquisition of her Thai ID. Her grandmother already have it while she has not. Apparently, the village leader messed with the process to get some money. But the officers at the district office said they will try to sort it out.
- Pray for Jared’s needs for his studies in the Philippines. The first tri-semester will soon be over and he will be needing money for his tuition for the next tri-semester. We are totally dependent to God for this need. We do not have mission agency that look after our natural children’s education.
- Pray for Nuch’s and Jillian’s education. Please pray not only about their financial needs but also the method of study appropriate to their situation. We are considering weekend schooling for Nuch and online (open university) for Jillian.
- Pray for Narlin’s teaching ministry. English camp was postponed because of her mother’s death but it will be resumed on 31st of August. Pray for strength and wisdom.
- Pray for our church ministry. Our involvement in teaching and discipleship at Pantamit church and at Our Father’s House Children Center.